Get a Free Quote
The meaning of GFCI is the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter outlet. You most likely have a few GFCI receptacles installed in your home’s bathrooms. These are grounded, three-prong electrical outlets with their reset-and-test buttons on the outlet cover.
Probable Cause why your GFCI broke
- Not properly Installed – your outlets were most likely not installed correctly. This is a mistake in the line of work of an uncertified electrician.
- Arc Faults – discharge of power is too high than its usual power between conductors. This results in wires to overheat.
- Overloaded on power – plugging too many devices at once, most likely octopus wiring. This overloads the appliances.
- Circuit Breakers are Tripping – appliances and devices that refuse to power up might be due to the circuit breaker tripped.
- GFCI Tripped – This is similar to the Circuit Breaker. If a power surge occurs, GFCI will turn off to prevent shocks or fire.
Signs that you need to repair the GFCI
- No power on your outlet
- An outlet that’s sparking
- An outlet that’s glowing
- An outlet that’s hot to the touch
If you’re facing any of these problems in Gainesville, GA, it’s important to call an expert as soon as you can. At the same time, a loss of power to an outlet or switch may be an irritation. Sparking or hot outlets can be dangerous and lead to electric shocks or even a house fire. So please don’t wait around for the problem to go away on its own.
How to repair a GFCI
The Flash Electric Incorporated electricians can install as many outlets you desire, anywhere you want them. Installing a GFCI outlet is an easy way to make your home safer.
Trusted Outlet Experts
At The Flash Electric Incorporated, located in Gainesville, GA, we are your local electrical service company. Owning a home can have a lot of complicated upkeep, including your outlets and switches, and when it comes to potential risks, your electrical system is one of the biggest. Whether you’re looking for a quick outlet repair or replacement, our electricians can help.
Why choose the service of The Flash Electric Incorporated
When you have a busy schedule, you will rely on a company that turns up at the time agreed – a time convenient for you. When you call The Flash Electric Incorporated, you can be sure that we’ll be there.
Our mission is to provide excellent work at an affordable price. Usually, we will equal or exceed the costs of our rivals. Contact The Flash Electric Incorporated to give you a quote on your next job. If you need any help with GFCI repair, we will surely be there to help you. We are located in Gainesville, GA, and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.